Radioactive Decay Modding

I am trying to play around with changing the Radioactive decay rates for some items, but I can’t make sense of how the numbers are calculated.

On this page here, Satisfactory Radiation they measure Item Decay in whole numbers, Uranium has an Item Decay of 15, Nuclear Fuel Rod is 60, etc. In the Unreal Engine Blueprints, however, they have a value called Radioactive Decay that is a value between 0 and 1 where 0 is no radiation and 1 is “the number of nucleus that decay per second…1 is 10^15 (1 Quadrillion) decays”

I’m not sure how these numbers are related. There doesn’t seem to be any connection between them. I also can’t find the actual values used for items like Uranium and Nuclear Fuel Rods as the projects made available only have default values of 0 for these items. If anyone knows how these numbers are related, can you please let me know.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Radioactive Decay Modding:

• List item

So I figured it out. It was poorly worded in Unreal Engine. The value that goes in this space is the same as the ItemDecay value on the Radiation page I posted above, so if you wanted to, say, double the radiation for Uranium, you would change the Radioactive Decay value to 30, for example.

For some reason, it says the value can only be between 0 and 1, but it can be any value you want.