Mod Alternative: Buildable Hard-drives Cheat

Hi @Andre_Aquila,

Just an alternative suggestion for your hard drives cheat mod, with the fact that you generally find them in computers anyway, so using a computer as a resource to get one or more hard drives doesn’t seem unreasonable.

And by the time you have as you say searched the map a couple of times you basically can get to the point that you are making the computers within about 8-12 hours game play with a bit of streamlining anyway.

And quite a bit little less cheat-like then something you can basically make within 5 minutes of game play which is the 100 x (iron plate) recipe you have selected.

So here is my alternative suggestion:

• Hard-drive (x1) : in constructor from 1 Computer
  • Hard-drive (x10) : in constructor from 1 Supercomputer

Unlock in stage 5 requiring Oil processing and Industrial manufacturing unlocked first

Unlock materials: 15 Computers, 3 Power Shards, 20 AI Limiters, 1,000 Caterium Wire (example only)

Hi Joel… I like this idea, really sounds less cheaty!
In Factorio we have a easy settings for mods, that you can choose something like (Hard Drives from Plates) or (Hard Drives from Computers), before start the use of the mod in-game. Here in Satisfactory i still dont know if its possible, or how to do it , but its easy for we just make another mod.

what do you think of naming it “Hard Drives from Computer”

• Hard-drive (x1) : in constructor from 1 Computer
  • Hard-drive (x10) : in constructor from 1 Supercomputer

Unlock in stage 5 requiring Oil processing and Industrial manufacturing unlocked first
Unlock materials: 15 Computers, 3 Power Shards, 20 AI Limiters, 1,000 Caterium Wire

For now, we only use 70 hard drives for Alt Recipes, but with the increase of mods using them, its nice to have a way to get much more.

@Andre_Aquila

Sounds cool :slight_smile: I’ll downloaded it when you have it ready :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice Man!!! x)

See if its working Ok please

Thanks!!!

Hello this mod does not work on EX 119646?

1 Like

I like a buildable Hdrive cheat… but I think 1 computer or one supercomputer is way to cheap.

1 Like

Heh, most real supercomputers have 1,000’s if not 10’s of thousands of hard drives connected to them :stuck_out_tongue: plus the recipe is just an example not final. I realize the game doesn’t really follow real life amount but you get the idea. I also have 8 x SATA 1TB HDD’s and 2 x 256gb SSD’s in my main PC.

1 Like

Just trying it out the mod there @Andre_Aquila, hmm could you change it so that you can only make it in the constructor, I didn’t intend it to be 10 minutes waiting with the space bar pressed but fully a automated process :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t found any other issues other then that on the early access version.

1 Like