Plugin 'SML' failed to load because module 'SML' could not be found

When you modify UE4-Win64-Shipping.modules you have to properly for mat it as json. Here is a copy of mine that is working.

{
“BuildId”: “151248”,
“Modules”:
{
“CoffeeCore”: “UE4-CoffeeCore-Win64-Shipping.dll”,
“FactoryGame”: “UE4-FactoryGame-Win64-Shipping.dll”,
“GameAnalyticsModule”: “UE4-GameAnalyticsModule-Win64-Shipping.dll”,
“SML”: “UE4-SML-Win64-Shipping.dll”
}
}

Hope this helps. Happy modding.

1 Like

I have this problem as well, as I was looking around for posts like this, I remember someone saying that it is not working for the experimental version but does for the stable version I use the experimental version so have not tested this theory

This worked for me, Thanks

Check the BuildID in the SML-binaries, it should match the buildID from the usual binaries

Mods\SML\Binaries\Win64 -> UE4-Win64-Shipping.modules -> open with notes and check the buildID, as of right now 151248 works for me there

Make sure to add the comma at the end of the previous last line. Took me an hour to figure that out. LoL

Works like a charm now.

Thanks.

Don’t do that! Don’t modify game files like this! SML is a plugin, and it should stay a plugin! This change causes many other problems that we spent hours on the modding discord with 3 people who we just now found they did this, trying to understand what was going on!
Just use the correct SMM version (v2.4.3 for Early Access and v2.4.4 for Experimental)

Also @Thomas_Fiedler

“Use the correct SMM version” How does one control that?

Forgot the links, sorry

SMM 2.4.3 link: https://github.com/satisfactorymodding/SatisfactoryModManager/releases/tag/v2.4.3
SMM 2.4.4 link: https://github.com/satisfactorymodding/SatisfactoryModManager/releases/tag/v2.4.4

Yeah, 2.4.3 SMM works for me, thanks.

So after looking through all the replies and trying a few things it seems that a few assumptions are made for various people. For those that are not a technically minded as most here is what you do until they automatically update with the fix.

Go to your FactoryGame folder for your game, open ‘Mods’, open one at a time the mods you have in there and repeat the following: Open Binaries>Win64, open the UE4-Win64-Shipping.modules using Notepad (I use Notepad++ but basic Notepad should work). Change the buildID number listed there to 151248 and save the file. If the mods does not require a Binaries folder you do not need to change anything.

The mods should now work and the game will launch without an error message

I just had to do a fresh install of both Satisfactory and SMM, and I also am getting the same message with only “compatible” mods loaded.